Thursday, October 14, 2010

Adventures on Trains


On this map Praha=Prague


Today I had my first adventure in Czech Republic by train. I took the train from Prostejov to Prague for a meeting with the office manager at American Dental. I learned everything an Ex-Pat needs to know about relicensing in the Czech Republic but I'll save all of that fun for another post.



Entering the Hlavni nadrazi, Prague train station.


Even using the WC aka restroom in Europe isn't free. In Prague it costs 10 Crowns and there is literally no access if you don't have, I tried to photograph the 'fool proof pay me' system above.


From Prostejov/Olomouc to Prague is a 2 hr 45 min train ride. A round trip ticket cost 600Kc which is about 35 US dollars. It's a beautiful time of year for a long train ride through central European country side. I took a lot of pictures to hopefully give you a feel for train stations and country side here. The train stations start out extremely basic representing what you may stereotypically expect for this part of the world. They become progressively more well maintained and renovated as the train approaches Prague. It was a super smooth trip and much like Slovakia, getting around by train is my preferred mode of transportation.



The following three photos are taken at the Olomouc train station, a much less glamorous local than that in Pardubice and Prague.




1 comment:

  1. payment to use the toilet!! haha never seen that before, i wonder how often people climb over those in toilet and no change emergencies ;)
    -leah

    ReplyDelete